Dark circle is nothing but a pigmented zone under the lower lid of the eye. People who lead very stressful life or serious ailments often become the victims of panda eyes. For some the trend of dark circles passes from generation to generation. When your body and mind are in distress or you have sleep deprivation, those ugly circles under your eyes makes their home in your delicate eye area to rip off your youthful look.
7 Natural Remedies To Get Rid Of Dark Circles Under The Eyes
How to prevent and cure this? Well, to battle against dark circles proper eating and sleeping habit plays very important role. To aid to quick lightening of your under-eye circle problem there are lots of home remedies. Here I have sorted out 7 of the most effective at-home treatments for you. So, let’s hop in to find out more.
1. Potato & Tomato Under-eye Brightener: Both Potato and Tomato are rich sources of Vitamin C which is a natural skin brightener. When combined together they diminish dark patches under your eyes.
In a bowl, take freshly extracted Potato and Tomato juice in 1:1 ratio and stir well. Saturate two cotton pads with the concoction. Place the pads over your eyes and keep it there for 15 minutes. Wash the area with plain water and apply an eye moisturizer of your choice.
2. Vitamin-E & Aloe Vera Eye Serum: This eye serum consists of two very effective pigmentation removers; Vitamin E and Aloe Vera. Everyone can use this eye serum because it is light in texture and harmful chemical free.
Mix 1/2 a teaspoon Aloe Vera gel and gel from 1 Vitamin E capsule together until the consistency reaches near gel cream. Apply this serum all over the eye area twice daily for best results.
3. Honey-Lemon Eye Salve: Lemon is considered as a natural skin bleaching agent. Honey adds a moisturizing base to it. That makes a perfect skin lightening salve for under-eyes.
Make a thick and sticky mixture of Honey and Lemon juice. 2 parts of honey should be mixed with 1 part of lemon juice. Using your finger tips apply it in the eye area and let it get seeped into the skin for 10-15 minutes. Wash off and apply the Vitamin-E & Aloe Vera eye serum afterwards.
4. Mint & Green Tea Soothing Eye soak: This eye soak soothes and relaxes the eye area after a long tiring day. Mint cools down the delicate eye zone and the antioxidants and vitamins of Green Tea work from within to solve the dark circle problem.
Brew dried Mint leaves and Green tea together in ½ cup water. Cool it down in refrigerator and apply it to your eye area using a cotton ball. You can make ices cubes out of this brew and rub it in your eye area if your dark circles are originated from stress.
5. Orange Juice & Rose Water Eye Toner:
If you have puffiness problem along with pigmented under eyes, this is the one you should try. Rose water provides nourishment to your skin and vitamin C contents of Orange would lighten the skin gently.
Make a concoction of Orange juice and Rose water taking 2 teaspoon of each ingredient. Wet cotton pads with the mixture and apply it to the eyes and relax for 15-20 minutes. Then remove the pads an wash off the residues of the mixture completely. Apply the above mentioned eye serum for optimal results.
6. Cucumber & Fenugreek Eye Pack: Both Cucumber and Fenugreek are calming in nature. The anti ageing properties in these ingredients prevent the appearance of wrinkles around the eyes and fade away the pigmented under eyes.
Soak ½ teaspoon Fenugreek seed in 2 ½ teaspoon Cucumber juice overnight. In the morning, paste the soaked fenugreeks and add the leftover cucumber juice to it. Apply this paste to your affected areas of eyes and let it sit there for 20 minutes. Follow it up with regular eye care products.
7. Almond & Butter Milk Moisturizing Pack: This eye pack not only lightens the under eye area but moisturizes as well. People who have dry under eye area will get maximum benefit out of it.
This one works wonders for dry under-eyes. Blend unroasted Almonds and full-fat Buttermilk to make a thick and moist pack out of it. Apply it in the eye region and cover it up with cotton pads soaked in buttermilk. Remove the pad after 20 minutes and wash off the paste. Apply a bit of castor or sweet almond oil to build a moisture barrier to lock the effects of the eye pack.
These were a few chemical free and organic home remedies to treat dark circles with easily available kitchen ingredients. Which one did you like most? Share in the comments.
Written by Sreeparna G.