Hey ladies! Summer is on the peak as you already know. With summer around, one thing is a must, which is gorgeous, slightly tanned beautiful skin. Yeah, hair free too, if you prefer, cause I do! This is exactly where Gillette pops in. I’m gonna be talking about 2 of the Gillette products – Gillette Venus Breeze Razor & Gillette Satin Care Shave Gel. So, on with it!
I shaved my legs for the first time while I was in 9th grade. Obviously, I did it secretly and hid it from my mom. So, you can say shaving and I go way back. Also, shaving happened to me before waxing! Enough of my stories, back to review:
Product Name: Gillette Satin Care Sensitive Skin Shave Gel
Price & Quantity: INR 249 for 195 g.
Availability: Easily available online as well as offline. You can buy here at discounted price on Amazon.
Shelf Life: Use within 36 months.
Packaging & Appearance: Gillette shaving gel comes in a cylindrical bulky bottle with pump dispenser. Packaging is quite attractive with bright and popping colors like aqua green & sky blue.
The appearance of the gel is similar to gel and it also has a consistency like a gel. But once you apply it, it turns into white colored shaving cream which has a rich lather.
Ingredients: In the image below.
Claims: Contains Aloe Vera and is suitable for sensitive skin.
Swatch: In the image below.
My Experience: For better experience, Gillette, on the packaging, mentions you to use it with their Gillette Venus Razors, obviously, duh. But you won’t need it for the Breeze variant as it has soap based strips, which is already sufficient.
But when I am using the men’s razor, you know the cheap, affordable one, cause why not; I love to use this shaving gel. It makes the job much easier acting as a lubricant and the shave is really close, gliding easily. Later on the skin is smooth and not coarse.
When I use the shaving gel alongside the razor, the area covered by razor is quite more than the time when razor is used alone. And it really makes a difference in saving the time while shaving and also increasing the shelf life of the blades! (New tongue twister alert: saving the time time while shaving lol)
Also, a little bit of the gel lathers into a good chunk of foam, covering large area. So that’s pretty dope, you know long lasting!
Apart from that, I don’t have sensitive skin, so I’m not the right one to address that claim.
Gillette Venus Breeze Razor: Let’s move to the other product for the review which is the Gillette Breeze Razor.
Price & Quantity: It retails for INR 299 and includes a razor & a Breeze cartridge. But you can buy it at INR 249 on Amazon here.
Shelf Life: 24 months once opened.
Availability: Easily available online as well as in stores. Buy here.
Ingredients: In the image below.
Claims: Gillette claims the following –
• Built-in shave gel bars for glide & closeness
• Simply wet the Razor for light lather
• Lather & shave in 1 easy stroke
Packaging & Appearance: Gillette Venus comes in a bright purple color. It’s so summery and thankfully not pink to represent girly vibes. It has a grip holder and angled head for close, clean shave.
There are 3 blades alongside two soao strips which is also purple. I find the razor very cute!
Gillette Venus Breeze Razor Blades: You can buy the cartilage separately. Once you’re done with the old razor blades, switch up to a new one without buying the entire kit!
It retails for INR 350 for 2 pieces. Buy here.
You can buy the razor and blades together to avail free delivery!
My Experience: I like the fact how easy it’s to work with. Just wet your skin (or first exfoliate, like I prefer to), and use the razor.
The added gel bars lathers a bit and work kinda like soap. It glides smoothly and does the job effectively. But I did have tough time trying to shave the hard to access areas like underarm due to the gel bar.
Not to forget, the quality of the gel bars deteriorate after a few usage. And if you leave it in the bathroom without cleaning properly, won’t long for another use! So don’t do that girl! Be careful!
How do I Use?
PS: This is how I do it and it works pretty good for me. I can’t suggest you to follow the exact same procedure, but it can be helpful for you.
1. I start off with exfoliating my arms and legs. Currently I’m using Body Shop Orange scrub. It makes my skin pretty smooth and get rids of dead skin/the top dull layer. I’m using it cause I purchased it & it’s pretty good. You don’t have to use the same. You can use any sugar scrub and it’ll be fine. Just remember, do NOT exfoliate after shaving.
2. Then you can apply any shaving gel. I don’t use it with Gillette Venus Razor as it has soap bar which is enough. But I use it alongside those simple Gillette men’s razor.
3. Slide the razor gently, starting from the ankles, to your way up! Please be gentle, ok? You don’t need to press hard, cause I thought I to & it would result in better shave. But nope! Just be gentle and don’t press hard, have a firm grip, that’s it.
4. To avoid ingrown hair and cuts, you should shave in the direction of the hair growth and not against it. Go for as close shave as possible. I go against the hair growth as it works for me.
5. Once done, look for any left spots and make sure you are fully done. Follow it with after shave balm or any good moisturizer. I use Boroline’s Suthol Antiseptic Liquid.
1. Venus Breeze Razor makes the task hassle-free
2. Shaving gel is long lasting
3. Shaving cream is affordable
1. Gel bars aren’t long lasting
2. Gel bars makes it difficult to reach hard to access areas
Jhalli Diva Verdict: 4/5 for the Gillette Shave Gel & 3.75/5 for the Venus Breeze Razor.
Do I Recommend?
Yes, definitely worth a try, especially the Gillette Satin Care Sensitive Skin Shave Gel.But you can pass the razor if you’re not a fan of experimenting.
Will I Repuchase?
Shave gel will last for now. I have already purchased the extra cartilages as you can see in the images. But I won’t repurchase it now as I prefer the blue razor from Gillette only. Or the simple men one, it works pretty well too.
Overall Summary: I like the Gillette Venus Breeze Razor as the concept is to make things easier for us. But I see myself using it only at times, and not always.
Have you tried any of these? Which one is your favorite? Let me know in the comments below!