Hello honey bunches! Today’s review is going to be about an Estee Lauder lipstick that I have recently fallen in love with. It goes by the name, Estee Lauder Pure Color Long Lasting Lipstick and it is a shimmery one. This one belongs to the Pure Color range of long lasting Lipsticks in the shade – 83 Sugar Honey.
Product Name: Estee Lauder Pure Colour Long Lasting Lipstick in the shade 83 Sugar Honey.
Price and Quantity: It costs INR 2366 approximately for 9 gm.
Ingredients: Not mentioned on the packaging.
Shade: Sugar Honey is one shade that would look extraordinarily good on all kinds of Indian skin tones. This is a Rose tinged Beige shade with hints of metallic copper hues. A beautiful cocktail of colors.
This one is suitable for corporate meets, formal wear, casual outings and party wear, as well. I would call it a perfect spring-summer shade .It looks just like an enhancement of natural skin colour.
Swatch: In the image below.
Claims: Estee Lauder Pure Color Long Lasting lipstick has an Intense shine amalgamated beautifully with pigments. This lipstick has a long-wear formulation that is hydrating to lips.
Availability: On product counters and high end cosmetic stores. You can also order these online.
Packaging: Just routine packaging with a dark Blue base and Golden stars. The cap needs to be pressed to close. The lipstick is in twist up format.
Smell: It has a faint artificial cosmetic smell.
Shelf Life: Use before 2 years approx.
How to use?
Use an old toothbrush and Petroleum jelly to remove dry flakes. As the shade had a metallic sheen, the dry flakes would look really bad.
Use a lip liner in similar colour to define the shape of your lips. Use the bullet of the lipstick directly to fill in the colour.
Two or three coats of lipstick should are enough to deliver full fledged colour on your lips.
Key features of Estee Lauder Pure Color Long Lasting Lipstick:
● Maximum color payoff and pigmentation
● Long-wear lipstick
● settles with a satin shine
● Award Nominee
● Vitamins C and E plus natural moisturizers
● Delicately fragrance with a mild fig scent
● Trendy shades with medium-to full coverage
My Experience: First of all, I would like to mention that all the shades from this range are available in two finishes, those being: Satin or Shimmer. I have Sugar Honey shade in shimmer finish. This one looks classy and elegant.
The texture of this range of lipsticks from the house of Estee Lauder is absolutely lightweight and non-sticky. This manages to be really moisturizing to lips.
There is no need to apply any lip balm underneath it. It is a glossy rather shimmery number so, it is important to exfoliate your lips using an old toothbrush so that the dry flakes do not get exaggerated.
This lipstick settles with a dewy and slightly metallic sheen.There is no need to apply any lip gloss because of slightly glossy finish.
Due to the pigmentation of the lipstick being light, it lasts for nearly 3 hours. It does not flake, bleed or smudge.It transfers while eating and drinking to spoons and cups.
● Hydrating formulation suitable even for the dry lips
● Mildly copper tinged shimmer
● Looks fabulous in pictures due to great reflecting effect
● Beautiful cocktail of Pink Beige and shimmer
● Beautiful packaging and a secure locking mechanism.
● All the shades in this Estee lauder range are understated making them ideal for daily wear
● Looks flattering on Indian skin tones
● Not very long lasting
● Availability in India is not easy
● A bit pricy
● Do not expect any stand out pigments as the shade is a mellow one
Jhalli Diva Verdict: 4/5
Will I repurchase it?
I would definitely buy this shade again. You can try this shade for daily wear as it brightens up your face without being over the top.
Other tips for this lipstick:
● Use a toothbrush and vaseline to exfoliate lips, before use.
● Use a baby oil or makeup remover.
● Carry this with you for touch ups after meals.
● A simple eyeliner and/or Kajal looks nice with this shade, if you do not want to go for full fledged makeup.
Overall Summary: I would surely say this is a decent, shimmer lipstick and worth its cost. However, these are not very easily available in India.