Hey pretty ladies and beautiful girls, I am sure that many of you are owners of oily, combination and acne-prone skin just like myself! I totally agree that there are many problems that crop up due to the oiliness of our skin type. But with the right kind of care and products this problem can be totally tackled. In this write up today, we shall be talking in some detail about Top 10 Must Have for Oily Skin In Your Skincare stash!
Before beginning, I would like to highlight that there are certain advantages of having oily skin too like delay in appearance of signs of ageing like wrinkles and fine lines. So, it is win some and lose some for all skin types. Accept what god has bestowed you with and be happy!
Drugstore Skincare Routine For Oily Skin Beauties
1. Foaming Cleansers: Foaming cleansers work better for oily and acne-prone skin types as their lather helps to deep cleanse the skin by removing grime and excess sebum from the face, chin and neck area. These also help to unclog your facial pores by uprooting the debris in your pores. These cleansers often have SLS which are not considered too good. However, as long as your skin does not react to SLS, foaming cleansers are the best bet for oily skin.
If your skin is sensitive to SLS, then you need to switch to milder face washes which are gel based and produce relatively less lather.
If you have oily skin, look out for ingredients like Tea tree oil, multani mitti, Salicylic acid, Benzoyl peroxide etc. in your face washes. These keep oiliness at a bay while protecting your skin from acne.
Recommendation: Clean & Clear Foaming Face Wash
2. Alcohol-free Toners: Toners are often ignored when it comes to skincare must-haves for oily skin. Those who are having oily skin and suffering from skin issues must not skip toners. I am not a big fan of astringents that strip off the moisture and sting like hell!
However, milder toners perpetuate the process of cleaning by removing product build up and leftovers from your face wash. These also help to maintain your skin’s PH balance and tighten your pores to give you a refreshed skin texture.
Pick options with Tea tree oil, Green tea extracts, Lactic acid, Eucalyptus oil etc.
3. Aloe Vera gel: Aloe Vera gel is a multi-purpose product which can be used as moisturizer, face packs, face massage gel etc. This gel is a boon for oily and combination-skin as it helps to decrease acne and does not clog your facial pores. This can be used on a daily basis as a night time moisturizer as it gives a cooling sensation on face and it is a herbal preparation.
Read this amazing post about benefits of Aloe Vera gel for skin and how you can use it.
4 Light-textured moisturizer: Lotions are designed to seep into your skin quickly and fully. Hydration is much required by all skin types to strengthen your skin’s moisture barrier. Choose oil free, light textured moisturizer.
5. Mild daily-use scrub: A mild daily use scrub helps to unclog your face pores by removing dead skin cells and removing impurities. Clogged pores often lead to problems like: Acne, Blackheads & Whiteheads, etc. So, a mild scrub that can be used daily before retiring to bed at night is a great way to exfoliate your skin. If you have sensitive skin then you should limit scrubbing to two or three times in a week rather than doing it every day.
6. Light Serum: Serums that are meant for oily skin should unclog your facial pores and help to maintain skin’s natural PH balance. You should look out for ingredients like: Green tea extracts, hyaluronic acid, glycolic acid, retinol etc. to clear up and refine your facial pores and exfoliate dead skin cells.
7. Clay Face Pack: Next in our Drugstore Skincare Routine For Oily Skinned Beauties is clay based face pack. When sweat gets mixed up with sebum, dead skin cells, environmental dirt and pollution, it can lead to clogging up of facial pores and ugly pimples. Using a clay-based mask for your oily skin on a weekly basis helps to reduce your skin care woes. Clay based masks help to suck out the impurities from your skin. These also reduce shine and oiliness on your T-Zone.
8. Active Charcoal Mask: These masks serve multiple purposes as acting as a mild scrubbing agent, absorbing excess oils, unclogging facial pores and tightening them. So, you should invest in an activated charcoal face mask if you have oily skin. Regular use of charcoal face masks is also believed to give you an even looking complexion with lesser blemishes and scars.
9. Micellar Water For Removing Makeup: Oily skin beauties must always double cleanse their face after removing makeup. Micellar water is a hot trend in the beauty industry right now. It consists of oil molecules which work like a magnet to remove dirt, oil, and impurities up and away from the skin. You should always use an oil-based cleanser first to dissolve stubborn makeup products followed by using a foaming face wash to remove residual makeup and other impurities.
10. Cleansing Wipes & Blotting Papers: Now, you cannot always carry your stash of beauty products around the town. So, for people on the go, blotting papers do the trick of soaking away extra oil from the face. Also, cleansing wipes to which extracts of Aloe Vera or neem have been added work as a great way to express clean your face.
That’s all the Top 10 Must Have for Oily Skin In Your Skincare! You need not do all these steps everyday but I just wanted to include all the stuff! So here it is! Let me know your favorite skincare product for oily skin in the comments below.