Today I am going to share a DIY skin lightening face mask recipe that contains four powerful yet mild natural ingredients – Fuller’s earth, Cocoa, Nutmeg and Mace. Frankly speaking, I am not a believer of fairness inducing products.
Firstly because I am happy with my complexion and second and most importantly I do not think a mere cream or a beauty product can entirely transform my complexion that I got from my parentage.
To me skin lightening DIYs and cosmetics are ways to nurture my original complexion and prevent it from environmental extremities such as sunburn.
The pack I am going to share today is a very calming product that has helped me to solve my skin worries greatly.
Things You Will Need & Why Do You Need Them:
1. Multani Mitti Powder: Multani mitti, being a healer of various skin irritations, is creating the base for my face pack in which other skin lightening ingredients used in this pack can cling to.
Also known as Fuller’s earth this ingredient increases blood circulation of the skin thus diminishing darkness and dullness.
Multani mitti gets rid of all the excess sebum and makes my face oil free for considerable time.
2. Cocoa Powder: Cocoa powder is loaded with anti-oxidants that effectively restore the actual complexion of the skin.
I am using food grade cocoa powder for this pack which is easily available in food supply stores.
You may add cinnamon powder instead of cocoa powder to achieve equally good results.
3. Nutmeg and Mace: Nutmeg and Mace are the star ingredients of this pack.
These two herbal food flavoring spices are powerhouses containing organic substances that prevent dullness, lack of moisture in skin and hyper pigmentation.
People who have tendency to get pimples very easily would be the ones to get the maximum benefits.
4. Lacto Calamine: I am using Lacto Calamine because it contains calamine which is a mixture of zinc oxide and zinc carbonate.
These two ingredients can heal the ugly marks on skin rapidly and even out the complexion.
If skin-friendly Calamine powder is available to you; you can use that instead.
5. Rose Water: Rose water contains rose essential oil which is known for its skin brightening effects since ancient times.
As I have oily skin I have used rose water as the determinant of the consistency of my face pack. If you have dry skin you can replace it with cold milk or buttermilk as per your convenience.
It is better to use plain water or thermal spring water instead of rose water for extremely sensitive skin.
How to Prepare?
1. Take ½ teaspoon Multani mitti Powder in a bowl.
2. Add ¼ teaspoon Cocoa Powder to it and mix them together.
3. Now blend ¼ teaspoon half-grinded Nutmeg and Mace with these dry ingredients.
4. In the mixture add ¼ teaspoon Lacto Calamine and give it a good stir with spoon.
5. Finally add ½ to 1 teaspoon Rose Water to achieve perfect consistency.
How to Use?
I use this face pack 2-3 times in a week before taking shower. I do not go out into the sun that much so I can use it any time I wish.
But, if you are someone who have to expose the skin more then you should use this after sun-exposure. You will start to see notable changes to your current skin condition after 5-6 weeks of regular usage.
1. You should apply generous amount of sunscreen to prevent further damages to your skin. This way you will be able to get maximum benefits out of this pack.
2. You can add ¼ teaspoon dried Neem powder to it if you want to get rid of your pimples along with brightening your skin
Disclaimer – Always do a patch test before trying out this face pack to know if you are sensitive to any ingredient of it.