Oily skin can be a real task to manage. It gets even tougher when there’s an occasion to attend and all you can think about is your makeup getting melted, patchy or disappearing on you. To save all your worry, I’ve compiled a list of Top 10 Foundations for Oily Skin which will keep your skin looking matte and fresh for as long as possible. Also, will not settle into your pores or separate on your skin! Continue reading to know about best foundations for oily to combination skin!
*May include affiliate link(s)
Top 10 Foundations for Oily Skin
1. Maybelline Fit Me Foundation: This foundation from Maybelline is amazing for all the oily skin peeps out there. Fit Me is among the first affordable foundation for oily skin type in the market which actually worked for oily skin and is still one of the best out there.
It has a liquidy consistency and provides a medium coverage. This Maybelline foundation doesn’t emphasize the texture on the skin and it doesn’t set very quickly, so that’s amazing.
The only thing annoying is that it doesn’t have a pump. But all in all, it is a great foundation. The staying power of the foundation is 4-5 hours which is pretty decent.
Here is the detailed review if you’re interested in knowing more about it!
Price – $7.99
2. Maybelline Superstay 24 Hour Full Coverage Foundation: Another amazing option from Maybelline is this baby which offers a full coverage for oily skin and has a medium consistency.
It sets quick, so you got to blend a bit fast. Superstay foundation provides a flawless finish and doesn’t look dry or patchy. It also has a pump which is amazing.
All in all, I feel this one is a great drugstore foundation for oily skin people and also has a great staying power as its name suggests.
Price – $11.99
3. L’Oreal Paris Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation: This foundation from L’Oreal is excellent for oily skin and has all the features a matte foundation should have. It comes in squeezy tube which is a easy-to-use packaging.
It is very lightweight and blends seamlessly into the skin. Infallible provides medium to full coverage. Infallible Pro Matte doesn’t cling to dry patches and gives a very flawless finish.
A top matte foundation, imparts a demi-matte finish to the skin and literally won’t budge from your face for 7 hours straight. But do keep in mind that it sets quickly but otherwise, it is an excellent foundation.
Checkout the detailed review here.
Price – $12.99
4. Revlon Colorstay Foundation: This drugstore foundation is raved a lot by beauty gurus. It is a completely matte foundation and comes in a glass bottle with a pump on top.
It is full coverage as well as easy to blend, offers medium consistency. This one by Revlon stays put together for a about 6-7 hours easily or even more.
Colorstay is also good if you are going to be out all day, running errands because it won’t go anywhere and will stay put throughout the day.
Price – $13.99
5. Beauty Blender Bounce Foundation: This hyped foundation is again a holy-grail for oily skin type people. It has a soft-matte finish to it and gives medium to full coverage which is buildable.
The packaging of this product is very unique which is designed to use with a beauty blender. It comes in a bottle which has a pump fitted in between the bottle and also has an on/off switch.
As you pump the foundation, it comes on the back of the bottle which kinda acts like a palette. The consistency of this is medium and blends without any effort. It again stays very well on the skin for about 8-9 hours easily. Also,it is available in 40 shades which again is amazing!
Price – $40
CRUELTY FREE FOUNDATIONS
If you’re looking for cruelty free options or vegan, you can checkout these ones:
6. NYX Stay Matte But Not Flat Liquid Foundation: A water-based foundation comes in a squeezy tube which is easy to use and carry. It has a medium-consistency, medium coverage and blends effortlessly.
Stay Matte But Not Flat is lightweight foundation and gives an airbrushed matte look without making your skin look powdery or cakey. Surely, a top matte foundation. It lasts for about 4-5 hours nicely and maintains its coverage very well.
Price – $7.50
7. Fenty Beauty Pro Filt’r Soft Matte Foundation: Fenty foundation is again an amazing option for oily skin. It comes in a beautiful frosted glass bottle with a pump on top.
It has a very runny consistency. Once applied, it sets to a lovely velvet-matte finish. It doesn’t highlight any skin texture and keeps everything even.
Also, provides a full coverage but doesn’t look like a mask at all. It stays for quite a long time and will not separate even if the your skin starts getting oily. Not to forget, FentyBeauty is a cruelty free brand.
Price – $35
8. Urban Decay All Nighter Foundation: This high-end foundation is all you need to combat your oily skin type. It comes in a very fancy looking bottle and has a pump on top as well.
The bottle is made of good plastic and is lightweight, therefore easy to carry. It has a medium consistency and is a true full-coverage foundation. All Nighter foundation stays for at least 7-8 hours and even more depending on your skin type.
It gives a very seamless finish and stays matte as well. Best part is it being cruelty-free, paraben-free and also waterproof which is a cherry on top!
Price – $40
9. Smashbox Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Hydrating Foundation: This foundation comes in 40 different shades. Although it is a hydrating foundation but it does wonders for oily skin as well.
It lasts on the skin for a very long time without any oiliness peeking through the skin. Smashbox Studio Skin doesn’t leads to any breakout and stays nicely even in case of humidity.
It applies beautifully on the skin and doesn’t settle into fine lines or pores. This one is also cruelty-free and vegan which is added bonus as well.
Price – $36
10. Huda Beauty Faux Filter Foundation: This foundation by Huda is a ‘to-die for’ foundation. Faux Filter is full-coverage and gives your skin a filter effect. It goes on smoothly and looks flawless on the skin.
Comes in a hard plastic bottle with a pump on top which is travel friendly. It does have a very strong scent which some might not like but the foundation stays amazingly well on the skin.
A good option if you’re into matte foundation as it keeps skin matte and doesn’t settle into any imperfections. It comes in 30 shades and is paraben-free, vegan, talc-free, gluten-free and also sulphate-free.
Price – $40
So these are our few top picks for best foundations for oily skin people out there. Which one is your favorite?