With growing age your skin needs something extra apart from the regular cleansing, toning and moisturizing in order to tackle specific skincare concerns. Not many of us, regularly use a face serum to beautify and nurture our skin.Worry not, today is all about serums! Let’s dive into 5 Best Face Serums for Oily and Combination skin Under Rs 500.
5 Best Face Serums for Oily and Combination skin Under Rs 500
What is a face serum?
A face serum is a light textured elixir that should be a part of your skincare regime. There are different formulations of face serum to tackle different skin problems. Experts suggest that, at a given time, use a single serum only.
When to apply a face serum?
A face serum is to applied on cleansed and toned skin while your toner is still damp to accelerate the absorption of the serum into your face. So yes, apply before you use a moisturizer as it is formulated to do much more than just hydrating your skin.
How to apply?
Start off by patting the serum and then gently massage it into your skin all over your face if you are using a formulation that is aimed to bring about brightening or anti-ageing. For formulations of face serum that are aimed to target area-restricted problems like dark circles, enlarged pores and acne, restrict the usage to that particular area only. After your serum is absorbed fully, apply a moisturizer.
What are the benefits of including face serums in your skincare routine?
● Face serums contain a much higher concentration of active ingredients such as: ceramides, glycerin, peptides, stem cells, vitamins like A, C, K and E; as compared to moisturizers creams etc. so, the efficacy of serums is much greater to cure special skincare concerns like: anti-ageing, dark circles etc.
● The size of the molecules of face serums is much smaller when compared to routine skincare products texture of face serums is like a creamy gel that seeps into skin far better than creams or lotions producing greater results at all layers of skin.
● Face serums produce quicker results provided you use the product regularly.
● Face serums are an excellent option for those who have a breakout prone skin as serums do not contain any fillers like: mineral oils etc. in their composition. Therefore, the likelihood of your facial pores getting clogged by face serums is almost zero.
● Since, most of the serums actually do bring out a positive change in your skin, your expenses at the salons are cut down. Also, once you find a product that really works, you would automatically stop wasting money on trying out products from random brands.
Here is a list of Best Face Serums for Oily and Combination skin Under INR 500. Read on and have fun!
1. Biotique Bio Dandelion Ageless Lightening Serum: This face serum is specifically to achieve skin lightening serum. It contains herbal and plant extracts, such as: pure dandelion, vitamin E, minerals and nutmeg oil. When used regularly on clean skin, this claims to brighten your skin complexion, fade away dark spots and blemishes along with reducing the prominence of fine lines and wrinkles.
● Product involves no testing on animals
● Non-sticky and light-textured
● Seeps into skin wonderfully
● Suitable for all skin types
● Preservative free
● Herbal product
● Nourishes skin
● Brightens complexion and fades blemishes gradually
Price: It retails for INR 173 for 40 ml of product. Buy here.
2. Lotus Herbals Whiteglow Skin Brightening Whitening Serum & Moisturiser: This one from the house of Lotus Herbals has been formulated with the extracts of Grape, Mulberry, Saxifraga and Milk enzymes. All of these are known for their skin brightening properties. This formulation works by noticeably refining prominent facial pores, reducing blackheads and whiteheads and also decreased the appearance of premature fine lines and wrinkles.
● Light textured and fully absorbed in skin
● Impressive list of ingredients
● Moisturizes skin well
● Keeps blackheads and clogged pores under control
● Good for oily and acne-prone skin
● Mild fragrance
Price: It will cost you INR 379 for 30 ml. Buy here.
3. Vedic Line Papaya Bio Gel Serum: This one from Vedic line is oil free and rich in Vitamin E and C extracts. It also contains Squalane, Vitamin E, Wheat Germ Oil, Lanolin. It claims to slow down the process of aging and stops the signs of ageing from showing up prematurely on your skin. It deeply moisturizes & hydrates your skins.
● Fresh and fruity fragrance
● Great for massaging skin because of velvety texture
● Firms up skin and refines facial pores
● Improves skin tone and texture with regular usage
● Paraben free
Price: It is priced at Rs. 300 for 100 ml. Buy here.
4. Spawake Whitening Triple Care Serum: The triple action formula of this serum helps your skin by reducing melanin pigment synthesis, inhibits melanin accumulation under skin and repairs skin that has been damaged by dayto day exposure to the harsh rays of the sun.
● Contains extracts of Laminaria Japonica, Sea salt, Vitamin B3, Algae extracts and Vitamin C
● Light textured
● Mild fragrance
● Suitable for all skin types including sensitive skin
● Does not clog pores
Price: INR 399 for 45 ml. Buy here.
5. Richfeel Skin Logix Night repair Serum: Richfeel Night repair Serum helps you get a bright and rejuvenated skin with regular use. It’s advanced Night Repair formula helps to revitalize and repair your skin cells.
● Light consistency therefore, fully absorbed in skin
● Comes with a dropper and packed in a dark bottle in order to protect from direct sunlight
● Less quantity needed per usage
● Fades blemishes, reduces prominence of scars and evens out skin complex with regular use
Price: It will cost you INR 259 for 25 ml. Buy here.
So, that is all for Best Face Serums for Oily and Combination skin Under INR 500 that are effective and worth your money! If you have a slightly broad budget, then you may want to check the Juicy Chemistry serum priced at Rs 550 for cell construction as it is also quite good. If you have any favorite serum, make sure to share with me in the comments below!