Hey! Today I’m sharing a list of 9 best chemical free sunscreen in India. With the term chemical free, I mean sunscreen free of harsh and harmful chemicals. These chemicals do more bad rather than any good.
You should go for mostly mineral based sunscreen which contains combo of zinc oxide and titanium dioxide. If you are like whaa….aat mineral and zinc oxide..? Then keep on reading to get a bit enlightened.
I thought of discussing this topic in winter instead of summer for a reason. And that’s you tend to skip sunscreen more often during this time. The sun doesn’t seem that harsh during winters. But it’s the same sun and same harm can be done to your beautiful skin.
Why should you use sunscreen?
Sunscreen is applied for numerous reasons other than just avoiding sun tan. Let’s have a look at few of them:
• Avoiding sun tan or sun burn.
• To protect your skin from UVA and UVB rays.
• Skipping it can lead to skin problems such as redness, skin cancer, premature skin aging, etc.
• Sunscreens moisturises too.
Few Tips To Remember:
I hope you must be knowing these. But since I’m talking about sunscreen, there are few tips which you must remember.
• Apply your sunscreen 15 minutes prior to going out as it needs time to get absorbed well.
• Reapply every 2 to 3 hours, if you’re gonna be outdoor or under the sun.
• Use a decent SPF sunscreen as per your requirement. If you are staying inside your office more, you can opt for lesser SPF.
• SPF stands for sun protection factor. You should know what’s exactly SPF is, right?!
• I read this on net somewhere that your SPF don’t add up. This means if you apply SPF 40 and then SPF 15, you’re not getting SPF 55 protection.
Yep! Instead you get the benefit of SPF 40 only. And this fact was confirmed by my dermatologist too. She said it’s also recommended not to mix and match 2 sunscreens anyway.
• Select a sunscreen with UVA as well as UVB protection. Both of these combined can protect your skin better.
What’s Chemical Free Sunscreen?
There’s nothing such as chemical free sunscreen. But it’s a term mostly used for non chemical sunscreen. Though it’s officially known as Physical or Mineral or Organic or Natural Sunscreen.
Now there’s a difference between physical and chemical sunscreen. I’m just sharing pros and cons about both of them.
The good about physical sunscreen:
1. It’s also known as sunblock. It blocks the sun rays by acting as a barrier. This means it isn’t soaked in. It remains on top of your skin, girl.
2. No need to wait for 15 to 20 minutes if you use sunblock.
3. It works on reflection factor as it reflects the sun rays.
There’s disadvantage too:
1. Since it doesn’t get absorbed. Hence there’s a whitish cast on your skin.
Coming to chemical sunscreen, advantages are:
1. There’s no whitish cast unlike mineral sunscreen.
2. They absorb the sun rays instead if reflecting it.
But there are disadvantages of it as well:
1. It gets absorbed deep into your skin and contains bad chemicals like paraben, alcohol, oxybenzoene, etc.
2. You got to wait about 20 minutes before going under the sun.
9 Best Chemical Free Sunscreen in India
Now let’s get started with 9 Best Chemical Free Sunscreen In India. These aren’t in any particular order or preference.
1. Lotus Herbals Safe Sun 3-in-1 Matte Look Daily Sunblock – SPF 40It retails for Rs. 395 for 100 g. Buy here.
This sunscreen by Lotus Herbals is kinda holy grail, so I had to include it on demand. (How can you even miss it, right?) It’s also ain’t greasy and doesn’t cause breakout. Not to forget SPF 40, so needed for Delhi and Mumbai heat.
2. The Nature’s Co Red and Green Tea Sunscreen – It comes in 125 ml tube for Rs 445.
The SPF isn’t mentioned but it contains all natural ingredients that provide you sun protection. But the brand claims that it depends upon your skin type and basically it has SPF of 15 but it may vary.
It’s also a natural, harsh chemical free sunscreen from the trusted brand TNC aka The Nature’s Co. Earlier I’ve tried their few products such as the Kiwi Hand and Nail Cream.
3. Biotique Bio Aloe Vera Face & Body Sun Lotion – It is a UVA/UVB Sunscreen which is suitable for normal to oily skin beauties. It’s costs Rs 290 for 120 ml.
The good part about this Biotique sunscreen is that it’s 100% ayurvedic and contains goodness aloe vera.
Though it claims to be suitable for oily skin, but it’s always preferable to wear gel or water based sunscreen or moisturizers to be on safer side.
4. Khadi Natural Moisturising Sunscreen Lotion SPF 30 UVB PA++ – Now this is a great option as it’s herbal and has some great ingredients. Retails for INR 225 for 100 ml. Buy here.
SPF is 30 but thing to note is that although it contains good ingredients such as aloevera, almond oil, neem, rose & saffron extract, etc, it doesn’t has UVA protection.
Currently Trending: 17 Brilliant Beauty Uses of Aloe Vera Gel You Gotta Try ASAP
This lotion is also non greasy. So you won’t feel anything greasy on your skin. It retails at Rs 315 for 100 g. It’s available in stores as well as online. You can buy here.
6. Aroma Magic Sunblock Lotion PA++ – This product is free from ingredients such as paraben, oxybenzone, paraben, alcohol, artificial fragrance, etc.
It comes with SPF 30 and PA++ protection. Aroma sunblock is priced at Rs 165 for 50 g.
I liked the packaging which is quite beachy and fun with yellow and black details on the tube.
It is an ayurdevic product and contains herbal ingredients such as chandan aka sandalwood, honey, ashwagandha, sunflower among others which is quite impressive.
SPF 75 version costs Rs 200 for 50 ml whereas SPF 50 is priced at Rs 350 for 120 ml.
It costs Rs 95 for 50 ml and Rs 145 for 100 ml. It is suitable for normal to dry skin and free of harsh chemicals.
9. Aroma Magic Cucumber Sunscreen Lotion – Aroma Magic cucumber sunscreen is of SPF 30 and contains goodness of cucumber and is free of harmful chemicals.
It is available for Rs 160 for 50 ml and Rs 238 for 100 ml on Amazon.
Also, another good thing about Aroma Magic sunscreen is it is not tested on animals. So it’s animal cruelty free!
That’s all about 9 Best Chemical Free Sunscreen in India. Do subscribe and share!
Until next time